Thursday, January 5, 2012

New rule, 52 species

I am adding driving with a full car (4 passengers) to my Green Big Year list. Carpooling for birders is something I want to encourage!

I will keep a note of birds seen with aid of car and present two separate totals at the end of the year.

Yesterday I exercised the carpool rule to the max. at 6am my father, Todd, Adrian and myself met at a parking lot on Columbus Ave in South Philly. All four of us piled in the car to do a rarity sweep. Our goal was the Common Chaffinch in Hunterton TWP, NJ, Snowy Owl at Merrill Creek Reservoir and Say's Phoebe in Bucks County PA. The chaffinch is a first for NJ, it is a European finch, very common in gardens. Only 2 or 3 records before in NE Canada. The bird was visiting feeders behind a birder's house. I'll write more when I get the photos.
Posted by Tony Croasdale at 3:12 PM 0 comments
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
added rule to Green Year

2 comments:

  1. I luckily stumbled on your ba 2nd year result rajasthan jaipur university website and I'm really impressed with what I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are genuinely fantastic ideas about blogging really. You have touched some very nice points here. Please keep up this good writing.

    BCom 3rd year time table

    ReplyDelete